HAVE YOU EVER HAD A PSD: POST SERIES DEPRESSION?
Typical conversation with someone I just met:
- Where are you from?
- How come your English is so good?
- TV shows. A loot of tv shows. (Among other things, it’s not that easy hah)
I binge watch series like a freak sometimes. If we count that each episode is 25-60 min. Every season has 10-15 of them. Every show has about 2-6 seasons. And I’ve watched probably over 20 of them. That is roughly a couple of months of my life purely spent on listening to native English speakers. When I think about it now, the amount of time spent in front of a television scares me a bit. On the bright side, it was all useful.
I love a good drama. A charismatic character with a twisted story. There has to be someone in the show I can relate to, sympathize, care about. If after a few episodes I don’t find such a character, the show stands no chance for me (that happened to Gossip Girl, HIMYM, Casa de Papel 🤷🏼♀️). But once it clicks, it’s hard to let go. And every time the show is over I feel a bit of this damn PSD.
That happened today when I finished the 2nd season of “Mindhunter”. An absolutely brilliant psychological criminal drama based on true stories about the most horrifying serial killers. David Fincher did it again, ladies and gentlemen. I’m not gonna tell you more, just watch it. And join my crying for the third season club 😭
And while I’m at it, here’s my personal top fav tv shows.
1. Game of Thrones (don’t even start this “but the last season wasn’t...”. #illdracarysyou 🔥 GOT is the best thing that happened on television. Period)
2. Breaking Bad
3. The Sopranos
6. The Blacklist
8. Narcos (while Pablo is still in the show)
9. House of Cards (while Kevin Spacey is still in the show)
10. Kommissar Rex (that was my first ever favorite show, couldn’t help but mention it)
2. The Office (US)
3. Brooklyn 99
4. Sex and the City
5. The Big Bang Theory
P.S.: I’m open to recommendations.