Ciao, my beauties💋
Today’s topic is my Top Fashion movie and documentaries you must watch if you would like to get into glamorous and sometimes cruel world of fashion:
1. Funny Face: Instead of pressing play on Breakfast at Tiffany's again, dive into this other Audrey Hepburn classic.
2. Sex and the City: The legendary costume designer responsible for Carrie, Miranda, Samantha, and Charlotte's looks on the television series returned to outfit the ladies once more for the 2008 film.
3. Coco before Chanel: This biographical drama focuses on the early life of French designer Coco Chanel.
4. Dior and I: If U want to take a break from rom-coms, dramas and “on and off” going relationships, transport yourself into the atelier of Dior, which takes viewers behind-the-scenes to reveal what goes on inside the acclaimed fashion house.
5. The Devil wears Prada: this movie is self-explanatory. LEGENDARY, no more words needed
6. The September Issue: the documentary marked the first time the world-at-large got an inside look at the goings-on of a real-life fashion magazine. The film tracks the creation of American Vogue's 2007 September issue - the most important issue on a magazines calendar. The often tumultuous relationship between editor-in-chief Anna Wintour and former creative director Grace Coddington is the film's highlight.
7. A simple Favor: fashion tour to powerful dressing thanks to Blake Lively's character, a troubled fashion industry employee who dresses exclusively in three-piece power suits
8. Valentino, the last emperor: See this 2008 documentary not only for Valentino’s beautiful clothes and those iconic red dresses but also for the many cameos made by his flock of pug dogs.
9. Scatter my ashes at BERGDORF: Bergdorf Goodman is a New York institution. The grande dame of department stores has a legendary history, and this adorable documentary takes you through its glamorous history via the perspective of its employees and the designers and celebrities who love it.
10. Phantom Thread: masterpiece by Paul Thomas Anderson, starring three-time Academy Award winner Daniel Day-Lewis. It tells the story of a fictitious dressmaker in the 1950s.
When you finally realise £20 Havainas suit you better than £760 Chanel (sold them yesterday for £500 minus commission). My year of “no shopping” is almost over, and I scored this black silk shirt from shopretoldad today for just 90dh (£20). A black shirt was on my list so I made an exception. Zero waste and sustainable fashion advocates only buy preloved. I decided to give it a try.
It is best to give a second life to your fashions when they are still in trend. From my experience a trend usually last about 4 years, year 1 when you see it on all bloggers and it is sold out, and year 4 when they made enough and everyone has it and fashion moved on. Smart decision is to sell it somewhere in between this mark. (It was the case with CC espadrilles, sneakers, then slingbacks and now sandals)
Please do give your items a second life, to make fashion great again.
#Sustainablefashion #retoldvintage #sustainablestyle #notafashionblogger #retoldstoryteller #havaianas
PEEK INSIDE THE ICONIC VERSACE MANSION ON SOUTH BEACH
The legendary Villa Versace is one of the must-visit places in Miami.. #gianniversace
Born in 1946 in Reggio di Calabria, Italy, Gianni Versace became one of the top fashion designers of the 1980s and '90s.
Versace was only 50 years old when he was murdered outside his South Beach home in Miami, Florida, on July 15, 1997.
The Villa was originally built in 1930 by the architect, author, and philanthropist, Alden Freeman.
In 1992, on a trip to Miami, Gianni Versace fell in love with a rundown apartment building that he would transform into an over-the-top mansion. Today the Villa operates as a luxury boutique hotel, restaurant and event venue.
💵 Rates for one-bedroom suites start at $1,199 per night.
nubes_spa SS20 Collection by Sophia Nubes
The sophisticated Italian fashion brand, sophia_nubes , unveiled its unique nubes_spa line at a spectacular fashion show during Arab Fashion Week arabfashioncouncil . The fashion show hosted VIPs and top fashionistas from the Middle East and overseas who participated in the celebration of the new collection showcase. Furthermore, meganpormer walked the runway in nubes_spa not only as a face of the line but an ambassador for the fight against breast cancer #pinkfight
The lively and sporty nubes_spa line features technical materials, commonly used in sportswear, to curate traditional looks inclusive but not limited to suits, soft natural fibre t-shirts, and wearable yet vibrant dresses in vibrant block-coloured hues. The show also featured a first-time collaboration with blogger chiarabiasi , who collaborated with Sophia Nubes to showcase her new shoe line chiarabiasimi that marched the runway.
The sophisticated modern designs of the nubes_spa line demonstrated the real meaning of “Made in Italy” and inscribed Italian craftsmanship within the brand’s DNA. Designer and CEO of sophia_nubes , Elena Pioli, has been fighting against breast cancer for some time now and explained how this also inspired design elements of the new collection. “The creations derive from the passion to create something beautiful and simple with the highest quality. This design focus drives the brand aesthetic and can be seen throughout the collection. Each piece is designed with sleekness and wearability in mind. Furthermore, my fight against cancer has inspired me to delve deeper into the design philosophy. Even when I am exhausted, and especially in those moments, I try with all my strength to imagine a new trend, to create a new dress, to try and understand what is missing and what happens to women today. And the woman I see for Nubes SPA is one who loves to be super comfortable, but always beautiful and elegant. She is a woman who knows how to work hard, whilst always expressing her young and colourful spirit,” she explained.
#fashionweek #afw #style #fashionphotography #fashionable #fashionista #moda #ss20 #arabfashionweek